Hundreds of Homes, Thousands of Hearts
Purpose: Working Together to Fight the Pandemic
Please join the GEBIS Toronto group, as we valiantly work towards the second stage of:
Rescue Program for Emergency PPE Needs
Due to the Covid-19 that has spread thorough out our country, we should recognize that our front-line workers desperately require protective PPE, most of which is a one-time-disposable material.
The members of the GEBIS organization had initiated a charity action to support our heroes on April 1, 2020.
· As a result of our plea, we received a great response towards the goal to protect the front-line workers.
· For instance, Diana’s group, (Gifted People Service) who to-date have provided $1,290.25 worth of donation.
Here are a few of many moving stories that have been relayed to our group during this challenging time:
· A single mother of 3 children contributed $20. She set a good example and motivated her young children to subsequently donate to the PPE funding.
· A young girl’s selfless action of donating her pocket money, encouraged her 3-year-old brother, who asked if he could also donate, his 25-cent coin. No matter how trivial the amount is, it is amazing to see a young heart blossoming love and kindness!
· A 10-year-old girl was inspired by her mother’s participation and donated her entire savings ($12) to support the front liners.
· 70+ old senior, who was unfamiliar with the process of e-transfer banking, gladly donated $100 to the person who was delivering protective masks to her home.
Hopefully, the events documented above, have displayed that a loving heart wish can inspire others and will be passed on to more people. Please kindly forward this message to 10 others to encourage everyone to take part in this action.
Note: all participants will receive credit for their generosity via the GEBIS website.